Thursday, February 25, 2010

you know how i know you are pregnant?

I cooked my second meal tonight! Boy, is it hard to feel like cooking after working a full day! Sheesh! It was nothing to fancy, just some bowtie noodles with broccoli and cauliflower with an 4 cheese alfredo sauce. Sorry to admit, the sauce was bought from the store... I mean how many people make their own sauce? So I am not considering this a shortcut! hmph! But I timed it perfectly, this may be the very first time I have EVER done this even considering a grilled cheese/soup night. Everything was ready at the same time and I have to say I was very impressed! It was delicious and there is enough left over for lunch tomorrow! I can definitely feel myself getting more comfortable and defintiely not asking Rick as many questions. So maybe my plan is working!

On a different note, my energy has definitely started coming back. I can tell a HUGE difference at school... I have felt like dancing, singing and playing more in the afternoons than I have in a few months. I am definitely all around a lot more chipper than I have been. Even on the days I am feeling a little under the weather I find it easier to fight because it hasn't been happening as often.

I don't think my doctor has to worry about me losing weight anymore. I seem to have taken on the appetite of a pubescent 16-year-old football player. When I am not eating, I am thinking about what I can eat next! I even managed to visually turn a muddy snow covered street into a crumb cake... which was immediately proceeded by various, "You know how I know you are pregnant..." jokes.

I have noticed that I can barely sit criss-cross-applesauce (formally known is the un-p.c. "indian style") for more than a few minutes before my feet fall asleep. Sometimes they fall asleep just reading a book to my class in a chair. Now I am beginning to realize why all the girls at work tell me to prop up my feet as often as I can!

I have noticed I get a headache about every 2 hours and I believe it is always a different reason. It could be the fact that one boy in my class does not have an inside voice or sometimes it is that pregnancy turns sinuses into cement and therefore it cannot move which causes serious pressure. Each one feels like it won't get better... and promptly followed by my new favorite candy, Tylenol, even though it barely puts a dent in it.

So enough with my negativity. I definitley don't mean to complain. I am simply trying to be honest about what really is happening! I find when people ask how I am feeling and I say "Fine!" they stand there and wait for me to continue! It is crazy how the sypmtoms just do not compare to the anticipation of having a baby that is half me and half Rick. We both feel so lucky that this is a possibility in our lives. Having already made the commitment of getting married, it really feels like small potatoes compared to the commitment we are embarking on now. Although marriage is a commitment made for a lifetime it is so different taking on a life that is COMPLETELY dependent and I am sure we don't even know the half of it yet!

I am continuely reminded of how blessed we are and Bebo isn't even here yet! Speaking of Bebo... I think we have maybe found a name! We are going to sit on it a few months and see if we still love it but it feels right! :)

Well, I am going to go back to my night in with my 2 favorite boys! I cannot wait to add a third into the mix!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and loved.

Love,
your blessed richmond rices.

No comments: