Saturday, February 13, 2010

sinus pressure?

Apparently the so-called migraine I have been experiencing is actually sinus pressure. My doctor thinks with my high sensitivity to things like mold, dust and pollen (I believe you all remember the horrible picture of my back from my allergy testing) is causing sinus pressure (this is the non-too-much-information explanation). So the suggestion is to try a sinus cleanse to relieve the build-up, so I plan to do that this afternoon. Hopefully, it will work.

I am a little bit relieved to have found a natural remedy because I would really prefer not to pump a bunch of medicine in Bebo's little developing body, so hopefully it works.

In other OB news, we got to hear the heart beat! Such a different thing to hear it and to see it. Pretty amazing! I believe it is finally starting to really settle in that we are going to have baby!

I also found out I am part of the 9% of women that lose weight in the first trimester. I have lost a total of 8lbs since our first OB appointment on Jan. 4th. (If only I could do that when I am not pregnant). So far they do not seem worried, they just wanted to make sure I am keeping food down. They said they won't get concerned unless it continues throughout the pregnancy.

So, I took that as the green light to eat an apple pie sundae at the restaurant last night! I have been staying clear of most sweets and other indulgences because of the empty calories but it was soooo nice to indulge and the sundae was delicious!

So today I am back on my good eating so that I don't gain a bunch of unwanted weight and will change my diet accordingly if necessary, but my OB says when it is needed to gain weight I will no problem, so nothing to be too concerned about!

Well I will keep everyone posted as this pregnancy and our preparation for Bebo progresses!

Love,
your soon-to-be-parental-units richmond rices.

No comments: