Sunday, February 15, 2009

what a day!

Rick and I mostly had an outstanding valentines.... until we spent a portion of the evening in the ER getting stitches in my lip.

Yes, that is right stitches. My shoe's sole isn't fully attached at the toe.. and sometimes when I step I drag my foot. Well I was walking on the concrete and I tripped over my own feet. I wish I had a better story...

The sidewalk was at a downward angle so when I fell the impact was in my wrists and knees but my body went forward because of the physics in the situation... and I sort of skidded down the sidewalk.

It sounds a lot worse than it was. I have 6 stitches in a horseshoe shape between my lip and nose. I'm very lucky I wasn't on a different sidewalk or I could have broken my nose. One of my front teeth hurts pretty bad so I am going to try and get an appointment tomorrow to see the dentist, just to be on the safe side.

I am not one that has ever really been concerned with looks but I am having a hard time with the fact that I could very possibly have scar on my face. And then I get really bummed because its so out of character for me to care about something that is so silly.

Other than that I am in pretty high spirits considering the situation. There isn't much I can do about any of it right now, so I am just trying to see whatever God is trying to teach me.

Hope this finds you all happy, healthy and with your lips still intacted!

Love,
your half-sewed-up richmond rices.

No comments: