Saturday, February 14, 2009

el dia del amor

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. As we all know, I do not cook so my only option is to appeal to Rick's sweet tooth (which I think might work better!)

So, I woke up at 8am to bake him valentine's cupcakes.

You are probably wondering why I would bake any kind of cake seeing as how we both dislike cake, but this isn't just any cake... it is pillsbury funfetti cake... which I spent a month trying to find! It is our favorite and the only cake we really eat, and seeing as how little debbie won't give me her twinkie or ho-ho recipe, the perfect present for Rick. I found the Spring colors but no valentines colors until last week! Happy just isn't the right word.

Last night, Rick and I went to the firehouse theater to see The Pumpkin Pie Show. It was awesome! It is a series of shorts done by a guy and a girl and they are random in that they draw them out of a hat as they go along, so no two plays are never the same. It is hard to explain but we really enjoyed it. One minute I was crying because it was so serious and sad and then the next minute I am crying because I am laughing so hard. So good in fact that we are thinking about going tonight!

Tonight we are also planning go out to dinner for a special date night!

Sunday, we are going to go to church and hopefully the weather will be nice enough to do something outside in the afternoon, but we shall see.

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and feeling the love!

Love,
your sugar-highed richmond rices.

Ps. For those of you who are book worms, you should check out bookmooch.com, it is a book bartering website where you mooch books from other people and all you have to do is pay for the shipping to send your books out. I forgot how cheap the postal service is! I mailed out 5 books for $12 and one of them was out of the country! Just thought I would pass my new obsession along...

No comments: