Sunday, February 8, 2009

from the rice cache x3.

Because I have been slacking on the random photographs, I thought I would post a few.

I believe all of these were taken with disposable cameras and that is why the quality is so poor, so I apologize in advance!

Rick and I in Denver.

Once my dad realized how much I cared about Rick, he bought Rick a plane ticket to Denver. I believe my dad felt it was important for Rick to see what I was doing in Denver for him to really and truly understand who I was.

As most of you know, I moved to Denver about 2 months after I met Rick. So the months I spent in Denver where pretty important because Rick and I were doing the long distance thing so early in our relationship.

My mother-in-law recently told me that this trip was when she knew Rick was going to marry me. Rick had never been on a plane before and was actually terrified of flying but he took his first plane ride to visit me and experience a part of Denver, not many people have seen. I think this was when I knew he was the guy for me, too!

Rick and I outside of Tiger Stadium, obviously!

This was Rick's second plane ride. My whole family flew down to Baton Rouge for our annual family football game. This was Rick's first LSU football game and the first time he ever met my brother. LSU won!

Our first New Years in New Orleans!

This was Rick's third plane ride. We went down for the bowl game with my folks and celebrated NYE at the Pat O'Brien's on the riverfront. We ate gumbo, jambalaya, drank hurricanes and danced all night. It was absolutely fabulous.

I guess the first plane ride must've been when Rick decided he wanted to marry me because he promptly went boarded one after the another. I don't even think Rick can count all the planes hes been on now!

Well, hope you enjoyed a trip down memory lane!

Love,
your somewhat-nostalgic richmond rices.

No comments: