Monday, February 16, 2009

good news and bad.

The good news is that the dentist says my x-rays look great and he doesn't think anything is going to have to be done for my tooth. He said the nerve could still die later on down the road but there is no way to predict that or anything that I can do to prevent it. He thinks that the soreness I feel will tighten back up and should be good as new in a few days.

As for the bad news, my dentist and my mother both think that plastic surgery might be necessary. Its not that the ER doctor did a bad job with the stitches, it is that the cut is so jagged and at such an awkward position the scar won't blend in at all and is probably going to be very obvious. But there is nothing a plastic surgeon can do until it is healed so I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Have I mentioned how amazing Rick has been? Whatever I need, he has done.. from sitting in the ER holding my hand during my stitches all the way to doing the laundry, cleaning the apartment and driving all around town to find something for me to eat with a fat lip and a loose tooth.

My mom was kind enough to take me to the dentist today so that Rick didn't worry about me driving on pain pills. She also took me to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner that are easier for me to eat.

Some very special girlfriends came by with valentine pasta, flowers and a movie for Rick and I to watch which was beyond thoughtful. Thanks Shannon, Erin and Sara!

So a pretty crappy situation turns out to be another reminder of how blessed I am.

I hope this finds you all happy, healthy and feeling the love as much as I am.

Love,
your blessed richmond rices.

Ps. Below is a picture of my awesome lip.


Proceed with caution, as it is not the most beautiful sight to see.


Ouch!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Erin, I am sorry to hear about your accident! I hope that you have a speedy successful recovery!