Thursday, December 6, 2007

yay for day 1!

There have been many questions about Rick's job so I thought I would tell everybody!

He is running a conveyor truck. It is a little bit hard to explain but I will do my best. Basically he has to go from where the sand, rocks, dirt, etc. is and load his truck, then drive it to his assigned sites and "fling" it into the area that needs it. This is the diagram that is on their website, I think it makes a lot more sense than my words.



Hopefully that makes it easier to understand. If not, Rick will answer any questions you have because I haven't exactly seen it. It is nice because he drives a company truck all day so he is not responsible for gas. He also got a nice lookin' uniform and his short 'do looks sharp!

I, on the other hand, do not have to drive to work. In fact, it is really nice and cheap! It takes about 30 minutes but it provides built-in time to myself which is really nice. The other teacher in my room is great and the kids are wonderful.

I made dinner again tonight. DELICIOUS! But this won't last much longer because starting next week neither of us will be home until 6pm, so dinner will probably get moved back until 730pmish.

Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas! Hope everyone is staying warm!

Love,
your ecstaticly employed portlanders.

No comments: