Tuesday, December 18, 2007

brother update.

Just wanted to give everybody an update on Bryan, in case you don't hear from him or my dad.

His surgery went well. Mom said they had to put 3 screws, 2 pins, and a metal plate to reset his wrist. He has been in a lot of pain but slept most of the afternoon and he was given some good pain killers so hopefully it isn't too unbearable. He texted me this evening and he seemed in good spirits. He has to go back on Thursday to make sure the incision is okay and everything looks as it should.

The plan is that he will go back in a week and get a hard cast which he will have for 4-8 weeks, I believe. And then after that he will be in physical therapy. Mom thinks it will take about 6 months for everything to be back to almost normal. (Bryan correct me if any of this is wrong!)

Of course, I had to ask my mom if he is going to forever go off in metal detectors and the answer is yes... for some reason I think that is kind of neat. But, that means flying will kind of be a hassle... but something I'm sure he will get used to like people who have metal knees and plates in their head...

Anyway. Keep him in your prayers. Especially on the selfish note that he makes it to Richmond on Friday, so I can see him and our family can be together for Christmas, since Kaira, Bill and Delaney will only be in Richmond for the weekend.

Hope this finds everybody well!

Love,
us.

No comments: