Saturday, December 15, 2007

sorry shannon its been 5 days.

So Shannon (my best friend for those of you that don't know) got on my case about waiting 5 days for this post so here you go.

I must apologize, but the posts may only come once a week. With our work schedule, by the time we are both home and have eaten dinner we are both exhausted and ready for bed.

But since it is Friday night, I will give an update for the week.

Work for me was great. I have already proven myself as a good presch
ool teacher. We had my work party on Thursday night. It was a catered party at the daycare. Really good food and company but a little bit odd to have the party at the same place we have 100 kids running around.

Tonight we went to Rick's Christmas party, well in Oregon he is known as James or Jr. Jr. (I'll let him tell you about that). We went to a southern-style restaurant that was outstanding! The people Rick/James works with are really amazing. Fun, oregon-like and very, very fun to be around. These people are just like our friends back home; it was really refreshing. Rick even got a christmas gift after being with them for a week... $50 to Outback Steakhouse, you really can't beat that.

On a different note, my brother shattered his wrist. He has surgery on Tuesday in California. Keep him in your prayers. My mother is flying to Cali on Monday to be with him for his surgery and his recovery. Hopefully, he will be flying to Richmond with her on Friday, the same day we get into town.


I hate to be brief, but that really is all we have to report at this point. Our fun and exciting life has slowed down a bit since we grew up and got jobs.

I do have a picture to leave you with...

It's too bad I didn't see that sign BEFORE my bicycling accident. The good news is that I have been on my bike since.

We love you all and can't wait to see everybody for the holidays.

Love,
your very-happy-to-be-oregonians.

No comments: