Friday, November 26, 2010

So soon?!

Could my sweet baby Cooper be teething already?

It would explain so much...


After our agonizing stint in the hospital... Cooper stopped sleeping through the night (which he had been doing since he was about 7 weeks old).



At first, we thought it was leftover from his respiratory infection. He was still pretty congested and in the hospital he was getting up at really random times during the night.


But then his middle of the night feeding would be at 2:30am on the dot every, single night. We began to think that he was going through a growth spurt. But then during the day he wouldn't finish his bottles. Everything seemed to be a little awry.


Then all of a sudden, out of no where he started drooling like crazy. We are talking puddles and puddles of drool. Shortly after, lots of hand in the mouth, chewing on his paci, clothes, my finger, basically whatever he could get his mouth on. Then tonight the irritability... waking up from a deep sleep screaming only to stop as quickly as it started and passing back out.


Then it hit me. My baby is teething.


Which of course would make sense. This is the baby that could hold his head up on his birth day and was pushing all of his weight on his little chicken legs when he was 5 days old. It would only make sense for him to start teething before even hitting the 3 month mark.


Then I started thinking about his sweet gummy smile... and I imagined his smile with little baby teeth and of course started crying.


Are we already here? Is my sweet baby really almost 3 months? Really?


So, next to a laid back personality, we are going to have to add a little asterisk that reads "except when teething."


Oh boy, I was not expecting this so soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, got what I was looking for!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. Glad I stumbled into this article! smile I have you saved to check out new stuff you post.