Monday, November 15, 2010

Finding the positives...

So anyone how knows me, knows how hard I try to find something positive in every person and every situation. 


So there I was, sitting in a hospital room, feeling like I could lose it at any point. My son could barely breathe and I hadn't slept in days, trying to remember everything happens for a reason...


What could possibly be the point of all of this?


Here is what I discovered...


I am strong. I am strong for Cooper. I am strong for Rick. When I am not strong, Cooper and Rick are both strong for me.


I have the most amazing support system. From my biological and in-law family to my church family to my friends I call my family to acquaintances that I only speak to via facebook and people who I hope to become closer with. We have more people who care about us and our well being than I will EVER be able to count.


Did I mention how brave my little man is? How tough he is? I learned that he really is a little man... not a little baby.


But I think the most significant thing is what I learned about my marriage. You don't know the depth of a person's love until you have to go through hell together. And we came out alive and more in love than ever.


Just in time for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. So much.

No comments: