Friday, May 7, 2010

whoa check out that belly.

So my belly has more than grown. Goodness is it getting in the way! All the things I knew were coming have come... like how it is hard to tie my shoes (the ones that fit comfortably still since my feet have already begun their swelling!) And getting off the floor when building in wooden blocks with my class. Even walking Fletch has become increasingly difficult because I honestly cannot walk that fast without getting out of breath.

But, I keep reminding myself how it is all for a good reason. The BEST reason. And there go my hormones again... making me all teary eyed!

I realized something really ironic this week. Do you remember when your mom would cry for what seemed like no reason? You know, when you did something really cool, or independent, or mature. I remember my mom getting teary and thinking she was soooo silly. I mean I always understood she was proud but why did tears have to accompany that pride?

Now I get it and Cooper isn't even here yet. I can already see myself crying when he smiles at me for the first time, says his first word, goes pee-pee in the potty and that isn't even the really BIG stuff. Poor Rick! He has always hated how much I cry and I think he has started to realize it is only going to get worse!

So I had my week 24 appointment today. They are very pleased with how nicely this pregnancy is going. I have gained 11lbs total (remember I lost a bunch of weight in the first trimester) but I am right on track, almost to the book! I am measuring 25 centimeters which is also right on track. I luckily don't have all the uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms (or ugly ones- like stretch marks) so far so I am counting my blessings in case some do show up.

We are getting more and more excited spending most of our conversations about what Cooper is going to be like. Rick is really embracing the relationship he is going to have with a son. He is already talking about wanting to be a Boy Scout leader! It is also pretty amazing the changes that are happening in our relationship with each other but in the most beautiful way.. uhoh here come the waterworks...

Here are some belly shots for those out there that don't get to see me very often. Check out the dramatic difference!


Week 8
Week 16
Week 20
Week 24

No comments: