Sunday, May 9, 2010

who knew i could keep a secret?!

For the last 4+ months I have been planning Rick's surprise 30th birthday party. In fact, because I started planning sooo long ago, I was able to get Nate to fly in from Texas! :)

I told Rick we had reservations for his birthday at the Hardshell, our FAVORITE restaurant but that we needed to stop by Mulligan's to see our friend and bartender, Erin, at Mulligan's for a minute. He bought it and when we walked upstairs on the deck about 30 of our friends and family yelled SURPRISE!

Although, he was a little disappointed not to get his Blue Point oysters for dinner, he was VERY happy after it settled in that all these people were here for him. He kept saying (You thought of EVERYONE!) Even the people that weren't able to make it had really good excuses! :)

And we all had a great time! We got to catch up with friends and family, a lot of whom we haven't seen in a while nor get to see very often considering our lifestyle changes in preparation for a baby.

And I must admit, I am impressed I actually pulled it off! :)

No comments: