Sunday, May 16, 2010

a preggo's dream!

I have always enjoyed food. I would consider myself to be very open-minded when it comes to food and especially appreciative of well prepared meals. With my current situation (that giant belly growing) I have come to realize how much more I enjoy food. Partly due to the fact that food tastes sooo much better when pregnant, especially being that I cannot partake in any of my other vices such as searching for the best IPA and white wine.

So with that being said, my weekend was truly a pregnant girl's dream!

Friday night, Rick's mom, my folks and I went to Mezzaine in Carytown for a delicious (and belated) birthday dinner. I had the scallops and shrimp cerviche followed by the scallops and lobster gnocchi. Absolutely delicious and highly recommended!

Saturday, we had family come down from MD and NoVa for the LSU Alumnae Crawfish Boil for lunch and we all went to the Lebanese Food Festival for dinner.

Today, I went strawberry picking at the Chesterfield Berry Farm with 2 of my best girls. And we even went to their Farmer's Market to get some fresh veggies for the week. I got some zucchini, squash AND corn on the cob.

Slowly but surely, I am becoming more and more domesticated! I think I might make Tom Leonard's part of my weekly grocery shopping!

Overall, a truly food-filled weekend!


No comments: