Sunday, March 28, 2010

a palm sunday update.

The children's choir (aka The Cherubs) I have been teaching at church over the past few weeks had their performance this morning and they did SO GOOD!

I was a little worried they would get really shy before going up on stage (or while on stage) but they didn't. They sang loud and proud and the congregation seemed quite impressed. The best part- the kids had sooo much fun! High fives all around! The choir director even asked me to lead the Cherubs on an upcoming CD project! I am definitely starting to find my place at this church.

The pastor at our church is giving a 4-week class on the core principles of the church in order to provide newer members with a deeper understanding of what Good Shepherd is all about. We have been thinking about joining so I am hoping this will give me confidence in making my decision. Since we are both technically members of other churches, I don't believe joining at Good Shepherd would require much but we don't want to make an empty commitment either. So we will see how that goes!

In Bebo news, I am getting bigger everyday. I really don't have anything to complain about... I am feeling great, mostly energized and my headaches are getting more and more periodic. I will say, however, this growing belly is becoming quite uncomfortable. I have been choosing a chair in my classroom over joining my students on the floor because getting off the floor is becoming increasingly difficult. I also have trouble sitting for long periods of time because of the 90-degree angle the chairs require of my growing abdomen! But again, nothing to complain about!

We have our next doctor's appointment on April 13, which is technically our week 20 appointment but will be on the first day of week 21. So we will have an ultrasound (the last one I believe) which will hopefully confirm the doctor's original statement of "It's a BOY!"

I also promise to post more belly pictures (probably not til week 20) for all those belly-lovers that don't get to see me regularly.

Rick and I have finally reinstalled weekly date nights from our dating days. We have a list of ideas and each week we pick one and do it, then cross it off. We plan to keep this up (which helps make me feel like I have social life) even after Bebo is born! This keeps our dating life interesting so we aren't just going to dinner and a movie EVERY weekend but doing things like going to the IMAX and touring the botantical gardens and maybe even bowling, although that is going to have to wait til after Bebo is born.

I am steadily praying for it to warm up again and stick around! My cold weather clothes do not really fit anymore and I have only bought warm weather maternity clothes seeing as how I am going to be pregnant during the spring/summer. So COMON SPRING, this momma needs you!

No comments: