Monday, March 15, 2010

I have a confession to make...

...as you probably have guessed...

I have not been as committed to my lenten promises as I had hoped. Which you have obviously guessed due tot he lack of blog posts about tasty home-cooked meals.

But before you go getting disappointed in me...

What I set out to do, I am accomplishing.

See the point really wasn't to cook 2 fancy meals a week. The point was to gain confidence in the kitchen and that is exactly what I have done.

Instead of going by Wendy's on my way home or fixing Ramen noodles for my dinner. I cook veggies and pasta with minimal butter, salt, pepper and garlic. I stop by the grocery store to grab something if there truly isn't anything in the fridge.

Although, I still haven't tackled the task of touching raw meat, I am able to reheat it in the microwave after Rick cooks it! (Baby steps here people!) In fact, tonight Rick cooked the meat before his band practice, left it in the fridge and I made some pasta and brussel sprouts to go with it and it was delicious.

In fact, I have started grocery shopping better (although not anywhere near ready to tackle that by myself, if ever!) and I find I am eating better too. Instead of having a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream I pick a no-fat yoplait yogurt in a devilish delicious flavor like boston creme pie (are you sure this only has 100 calories?!?!)

Still disappointed?... That's what I thought. See... if I am accomplishing my goals, does it really matter how I get there? EXACTLY!!

In Bebo news...

We had our 16 week appointment last Friday. Mostly uneventful. I know I mentioned before about how I have continued to lose weight since my first appointment in January. They didn't seem worried then but would be this week had I continued to shed weight.

Well, no need to fret, I gained all 8lbs back, so I am back to my January weight. Boy, was that a sigh of relief because I swear I have been eating like a maniac. I feel like eating is taking over my life. So if I hadn't gained weight, I was just going to have to tell the doctor I couldn't!

We got to hear Bebo's heartbeat as well. It has gotten A LOT louder and stronger. It is still so crazy to me, I have a little human growing inside me! (Will that feeling ever go away?)

I was reading a friend's blog today and she was talking about how much she loves her life. I had to steal her thought because I couldn't have said it better myself... but I too feel the same way. "I am so happy that I feel like I should be running through a field of daisies in a sundress and screaming at the top of my lungs." Thanks Tami, I hope you don't mind!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and as excited for Spring as I!

Love,
your blissfully happy richmond rices.

No comments: