Wednesday, March 3, 2010

they say it happens overnight...

...and boy were they right.

I went to bed last night with a little "pooch." Obviously pregnant only to those who know, but really it just looked like a few too many cookies and ice cream. When I woke up this morning and got dressed, I realized I must have "popped" as they say. I seem to have gotten the real pregnant belly overnight!

I couldn't believe how excited I was. I don't look like I have just gained a bunch weight! I actually look like a soon-t0-be momma!

I promptly woke Rick up to show him how cute my belly looked while standing to the side and although I am SURE he wanted to be as excited as me, all he managed to get out was, "Coolloveyouhaveagooddaybye" in a bit of a sleepy mumble. He did, however, remember the conversation AND tell me how excited he was on my lunch break, even though I was super grumpy, due to lack of sleep.

Of course, the girls at work were over the moon. My pod (my classroom and the classroom next door) does a lot of things together. We eat together in the dining car, share lesson plans, go on field trips, etc. etc. So at morning snack, I was sooo excited to tell them about how I have a real pregnant belly which was immediately proceeded by lots of pushing and poking! So it looks like now is the time I have to start getting used to having EVERYONE touch my belly. I am surprised at how comfortable I have been considering how I don't love people touching me, but I guess my phobias are clouded by the excitement of being a mom!

I hope to get on the ball about taking some pictures of my growing belly but I am just not inspired. I guess I should at least get one now to compare to what I will look like before little Bebo comes.

We did schedule some maternity shots in the middle of June, with Jessica of Oriole Photography, a good friend and sorority sister who lives in town. We plan to do some outdoor pictures of Rick and I (with Bebo of course) which I think will make a nice addition to his baby book as well as a nice memory of these exciting months!

On a different note, we are definitely staying busy! Tomorrow night, we are headed to see a play called Facing East at Richmond Triangle Players.

This weekend we are staying at the downtown Marriott for the CAA Tournament, hoping the VCU Rams can pull out another championship!

Then next weekend, we have tickets to see another play Crumble (Lay Me Down, Justin Timberlake) at the Firehouse Theater.

We have our next doctor's appointment on the 12th and we are going to Deltaville to visit Rick's Dad in his new house on the 18th for the weekend.

Like I said, we are staying busy!

I hope sometime in between all of that, Bebo and I find some time to rest! :)

Well, that is all from this growing Rice family. I will be sure to continue the updates as often as I can. And yes, I know, I need to start taking more pictures! I have gotten extremely lazy with my camera!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and as excited for Spring as we are!!

Love,
your officially-baby-bumped richmond rices.

1 comment:

Kate @ The Fetching Life said...

Ok now its time to start posting bump pictures!! miss you!