Monday, April 5, 2010

happy easter..a day late!

I woke up at 5:30am to go to the sunrise Easter service at the Dogwood Dell Amphitheater next to the Carillon with my folks.

Thankfully, Fletch let me take a nap when I got back until about 9:30am.

Rick is on man-cation with his friend Matt. They are camping through Western NC? I am not exactly sure their itinerary but they seem to be having a grand ol' time. He doesn't get back until Friday. But the time to myself has been nice, mostly! I sure do miss him though.

I was Betty Crocker all weekend. I baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch... shocking I know. And I made cinnamon streudal muffins (that became my breakfast the last few days!)

Things are going wonderfully with little Bebo. My belly is getting big and he is definitely doing some movin' and groovin; now that I can actually feel his little feet, or hands, or whatever it is he uses to perfect his field goal kick. I will try to take some week 20 pictures tomorrow with our webcam since Rick has our camera, but I can't make any promises they will turn out decent!

My allergies are TERRIBLE. I have heard this is going to be the worst allergy season in 10 years. (Of course, I pick this one to be pregnant!) I will definitely do my best to plan to have the baby in March next time we plan on having a baby! Not being able to take the really strong allergy meds as been killing me (and my eyes!)

I bought myself an early birthday present today in the form of shoes. Shocking I know! It has recently been brought to my attention that we are allowed to wear sandals to school, even if they are open-toed, so long as they stay on your feet and are not considered flip flops. I have been eyeing some hiking sandals that I have heard are extremely comfortable which should help with lessening back aches as well as helping me to keep my ever growing center of gravity balanced. PLUS, they are considered amphibious shoes, so I can wear them in the river, at the beach, on water days at school as well as using them while hiking this summer (ie walking in the woods, seeing as how I have a baby in my belly!). So I bought them!
I have only worn them on walks with Fletch, but so far they feel wonderful! The real test will be on our class field trip to the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens on Thursday!

No comments: