Sunday, April 11, 2010

bronchitis is the pits!

So Rick came home from his man-cation a day early. It was quite the pleasant surprise to come home on Thursday to my husband, but quite a different story when I found out how sick he was. He has bronchitis and those of you that have been reading a while know what a baby Rick can be when he is sick. In his defense, he was quite sick so I tried to be sympathetic. I was really just happy he was home and didn't really care why!

Fast forward 2 days, to this afternoon. My cough/wheezing had gotten so bad, I was having a difficult time getting a full breath in. Initially, I just thought it was my allergies acting up seeing as how the pollen is rediculous outside but decided after sleeping so poorly last night, I should go ahead and go to the doctor so I didn't have a miserable day at school tomorrow.

After lots of listening to my lungs, some blood work and LOTS of blowing in tubes... the doctor decided I too had bronchitis but thinks it is bacterial based on my high white blood cell count meaning I probably caught it from someone (perhaps Rick or one of the many kids at school).

So after a nebulizer treatment, a zpack and an inhaler I am starting to feel better. The nebulizer made me extremely nervous/anxious so I don't see myself settling down anytime soon so I might be taking the doctor's advice and taking a sick day tomorrow, especially considering I am contagious until 9pm tomorrow evening. But we will see how I feel in the morning.

We have our next (and probably last) ultrasound on Tuesday and Fletch goes to the vet on Friday for is annual check-up and 2-year Rabies shot, so by the end of this week this Rice family will have been to 4 different doctors appointments! YEESH! Thank God for insurance!

No comments: