Sunday, April 18, 2010

domesticated? who me? no WAY!

Or am I?

It seems I have begun the transition to domestication. Yes, you read that correctly!

Brace yourself...

I did our weekly grocery shopping BY MYSELF! This is the first time in my life I have spent more than $30.oo at the grocery store by myself.

I have occasionally ventured to the grocery store to purchase the items for a recipe or to get a few things for my breakfasts. But never have I actually done our family shopping for a whole week. The best part of this being that I did the shopping like a champ. I wasn't going back and forth between the aisles, but very systematic. I was able to find each item on my list without much thought. (Thanks Shannon for helping me find the salad supreme via blackberry messenger!) I really enjoyed the thought of how much confidence I protrayed, the same confidence I see all these other ladies have and always wished I could find!

This probably sounds rediculous to most of you savvy grocery shoppers out there, but you have to understand the shopper I really am. I get anxiety thinking about having to go to the mall much less to the grocery store. I once had to bring my friend Brandy to the grocery store to find asparagus and a baster brush so I wouldn't have an anxiety attack. (Ask her it's true... or better yet Brandy, leave your side of the story in the comments!)

I wish I was exaggerating, but I am honestly not.

Fortunately now, (but unfornately during) Rick ALWAYS makes me go with him when he shops for us. Little did I know that I was learning while following him around like a frustrated toddler (Can we go home yet?!?).

And now I can do it alone!!!!!

I called my mom when I got home because she of all people would be the most proud. And she responded with something along the lines of, maybe your baby really will get to eat!

See, I really was that bad.

I even made pasta salad when I got home for my dinner tomorrow night since Rick has band practice all night.

Perhaps I will be one of those wives who cooks... but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

No comments: