Monday, June 16, 2008

life in the richmond lane.

So in a previous blog I questioned whether the lack of blogging equaled life in Richmond is boring or more interesting...

It is definitely more interesting. I am sure it has more to do with the fact that we have more people around to hang out with, friends and family, but we definitely live a busier life!

The past few weekends, we have made it a point to go to the river. It has been extremely hot and humid and this has been the only way to enjoy the sunshine Portland lacked without melting. Whether is taking a 6-hour trek in our multiple tubes and raft or just walking around the rocks, we definitely have a greater appreciation for what the James has to offer.







So... I have decided to get a job. I don't think the art studio idea is going to work out as quickly as expected. I really cannot expect to make a living off this at least in the beginning, so it might need to be a side job to start.

Plus, this will provide a lot more time to make sure every detail is perfect so the government will approve our non-profit status. This does not mean I am not on board for the idea at all! I really am! I am very optimistic that this is going to work out.

But to be quite honest I am getting a little stir crazy as the wedding is all planned.

I haven't decided what I am going to do exactly. I have applied to some preschools like where I worked in Portland but I have also posted an ad about doing a nanny gig. I am just going to see what kind of response I get and see where that takes me.

As for Rick... he is going to meet with an advisor from ITT Tech where they offer a degree in Construction Management, which is where he would like to take his career. He is also putting his feelers out to find a job that might pay for him to go to school. No matter, we will make it work cause education is uber-important, especially these days.

We are very excited to be settled in Richmond. I think we are going to plan to get our own place starting August 1 or September 1. As much as we love living with our friend, Matt, we think it is important to have our own place as we are going to be a married couple in 2 months from today!

We love you all and can't wait to have everybody there for our special day in August.

Love,
your settled richmonders.

No comments: