Sunday, June 29, 2008

i am so blessed.

My parents got back into town Friday afternoon from their drive to Charlotte to help with Delaney and all of her doctors. They brought Delaney back with them so Rick and I got to hang out with her. Rick even put her to sleep at one point (he is crazy about that little girl!). Bill dropped my sister off Friday evening and continued to Northern Virginia to visit with his family.

Saturday, my maid of honor, Shannon and my other bridesmaids Heidi, Jacqui and Justine threw me a fabulous lingerie shower with yummy food including my mom's chicken salad. It was so nice. Then, afterwards we all went out for my bachelorette party! Heidi's 18-year-old brother drove us around in a decorated 15-passenger van. He was a very good sport. Especially with me being a gimp.

Yes, that is right, I said gimp! I rolled out of our 3-foot tall bed early Saturday morning and fell on awkwardly on my foot. Spent the later morning at Patient First only to discover that I have a broken foot! So I spent my "last night single" on crutches. I don't know much more than its a metatarsal that is broken towards the outside on my right foot. Yes, my right foot so I can't even drive! I have been referred to an orthopedic surgeon to have him look at it more and figure out what is next.

Bad timing though let me tell you! I start my job tomorrow. But I am a trooper, I will make it work.

But on a happier note... My mother, sister, cousin Lizz (from Tennessee) and many girlfriends from New York, Northern VA and around Richmond helped me get around town and all things considered we had a pretty awesome night out. I didn't drink too much considering I was on crutches but had just as much fun!

I am constantly reminded by the fact that I am absolutely and utterly blessed to have such amazing people in my life, even the ones I didn't choose (i.e. my family) are amazing!

I hope this finds everybody happy and healthy. I will post more when I meet with the doctor, hopefully this week!

Love,
your half-gimp richmonders.

No comments: