Monday, June 30, 2008

good news on the gimp!

I woke up bright and early to make phone calls to the referred orthopedic doctor at MCV and they were able to squeeze me in at 11am. After a look at my X-rays, they decided that the broken bone was lined up correctly and have me in a removable knee-high boot.

When I told him about the wedding being less than 7 weeks away he said that at the very least he thought I would be able to go a night without the boot, I would just have to wear hard-soled-flat shoes. So, I guess that isn't too bad. It definitely could be worse! I could be in a hard cast that I can't shower in and makes my ankle itch like crazy!

After my doctor's appointment, Rick drove me to my first day at my new job. My bosses were very understanding and very appreciative that I made the effort only 3 days after I broke my foot to begin my orientation and training. I am so excited about this job, I really think it is going to be a good fit.

And although it is my right foot that is broken...my doctor said if I was up to it and would be very careful, I could drive.. I just had to take the boot off and wear a shoe with a hard sole.

So overall... very good news. I am not in as much pain and the boot makes it a lot easier to walk and the best news yet.... NO CRUTCHES! (this might be better than no boot for the wedding!)

Well, I hope this finds everyone happy and those of you at the beach, I hope you have a great time!

Love,
your still-half-gimp richmonders.

No comments: