Wednesday, August 31, 2011

so beyond blessed.

So yesterday was about summing up my sweet baby's first year. Today is about summing up the best school year. Ever.
I am pretty sure the latter was easier.
We have had the year. The year you beg for and the year you dread. I have had 6 years of class "families". I have had more co-teachers than I care to count. I have had a handful of bosses and a few different styles of curriculum in a few different kinds of schools.
But nothing will ever amount to this school, with this co-teacher, with this curriculum, these parents and these kids. These kids.
These kids that we miss when they leave for the summer. These kids that quote us and pretend to be us and maybe sometimes call their parents us.
And these parents, oh these parents. That spoil us with wine parties and gift cards and "comfort" treats because they know how difficult today would be. These parents that tell us how we taught their kids to be better people and them to be better people. These parents that not only value our line of work but are convinced (because its true) we were born to teach and who are trying to figure out ways to get us jobs at their public schools (even if its not true, its still nice to hear!).
This classroom family that went to hell and back and can still laugh and cry and still laugh some more. That slides down the water slide with us and plays tag and duck, duck, goose and may be a little sadder than their kid to leave our room.
If I ever have a moment of weakness and question my path, here is the year that will prove it. I am a teacher, was born a teacher and will always be a teacher. It is said to be the hardest job, but this co-teacher and these families and these kids make it oh so easy.
We, my dear Lauren Moreno, are so, so, sooo beyond blessed to have a year like we did. Cheers!

No comments: