Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy First Birthday sweet baby Coop!


How do I sum up the most amazing year of my life? It's hard for me to remember what life was like before Cooper, before motherhood.
In the past year, Coop has kept me up countless nights, caused serious physical discomfort in various ways including causing my feet to swell up like jimmy dean sausage logs, been on at least 12 sick visits and a weekend in the hospital, with many diagnosis ranging from ear infections all the way through his floppy voice box aka laryngomalacia, ruined various items of clothing with mushy peas and green beans, has probably given me my first gray hair trying to hear him breathe over the monitor, has even started hitting/pinching and has still brought more joy to my heart than I ever knew was possible.
He is more than walking-ish. Each day he has a little more confidence than the last (what a man, right?) and will be running any day now.
He is more than talking-ish. He says: mama, dada, dog, uhoh, byebye, thank you, and countless other things that I have yet to decipher.
He is definitely more than siging-ish. He signs: byebye, milk, more, eat, all done, dog, and is very close to please and thank you.
I just cannot believe how challenging/fun/emotional/exciting this year has been. How having this beautiful baby has made me a better person, woman, wife, daughter, friend and teacher. Each day is better than before and each day he does something equally as amazing.
Today was the birthday dance. It consisted of Coop stomping his feet, bouncing on his knees and throwing his body onto the bed while I sang him happy birthday. (Don't worry, I got a video!) The day before was me asking him why he was crying and him instantly showing me the sign for eat. Each night I go to bed, I am so excited to see what cool thing will happen the next day.
So happy birthday sweet Cooper James and thank you, thank you, thank you for choosing us to be your parents!

No comments: