Sunday, November 9, 2008

a weekend in baton rouge.

Well, the good news is... even though LSU lost, we still had a blast!

Rick and I both left work early on Friday to catch a plane down to Baton Rouge. Aside from a 20-minute-delay in Atlanta due to maintenance issues we had pretty smooth traveling the whole evening.

My parents picked us up from the airport and we headed to Chimes for drinks and dinner. They have 102 beers on tap so our options were not limited. Dave joined us for dinner and I had oysters on the halfshell with dad and it was the first time I ever really enjoyed them! Aside from that, I had the best seafood gumbo maybe ever. (Although, King's Palace in Memphis has been my #1 for quite some time!)

We got up pretty early on Saturday to get ready since it was a 330pm game. We tailgated with some friends of my parents that they met in Florida, who we will also be tailgating with in Arkansas for Thanksgiving.






Dad took us over to Mike the Tiger's lair before the game... we thought because it had been 2 years since we have been there BUT come to find out he had bought new bricks for us. Rick was pretty stoked, as was I of course! but this was Rick's very first brick.



The game was really exciting and disappointing... We saw the most awesome field goal block by our defense that sent us into a surreal moment only to watch Jarrett Lee throw an interception in the first series of overtime to give the game away. That wasn't his only mistake but the one that hurts the most.

But, c'est la vie... It is just a football game. I guess...


We got to see my second-cousin Jared during our walking around and are planning to go eat lunch with him, his kids and his folks (Uncle Sanders and Aunt Brenda) at Mike Anderson's this afternoon for lunch. YUM!

Then we are headed back to Richmond late tonight.

Overall a great weekend! I adore my parents and are constantly reminded how much fun they are and how lucky I am to have them!

Love,
your blessed richmonders.


No comments: