Wednesday, November 5, 2008

officially Mrs. Rice!

Yea... that is right, I lied before. Today is the first day I am OFFICIALLY Mrs. Rice. I finally went to DMV and had my license changed. My legal name is Erin Shelton Rice :)!

In other news... I baRACKed the vote yesterday. I went to the polls with my parents at about 545am. We were out by 620am so, no horror stories from us about long lines. It was super nice to get it out of the way early!

Rick and I, unfortunately, were too exhausted to stay up for the official announcement but I was informed by text message in my sleep!

So, a bit of history for you... in 17 elections (68 years) when the Redskins have
won the game before the presidential election the party in the White House has not changed, but every time they have lost, the party has changed.

So, as you can imagine, the Monday night game was a nail biter for us... Do we root for the Redskins to win and hope that this election will be different? OR, do we secretly root for the Steelers so that Obama will be elected? Well, we rooted for the Redskins hoping this year would be different...

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the Redskins lost and so did the republican candidate! So this election follows the path of history and will make the 18th election that Reskins winning or losing coincided with a party switch in the White House. Call me superstitous but I am a believer!

So all you McCain fans should've rooted for the Redskins! And maybe he wouldn't have lost by a landslide.

Pretty crazy, huh?

As you can tell, we were a very happy household.

I will get off my soapbox now!

I hope this finds everybody happy, healthy and looking towards a brighter future, because let's be honest, we can only go up from where we are now, regardless of who our president is!

Okay, I am really stepping off now...

Love,
your obama-lovin richmonders.


No comments: