Sunday, March 17, 2013

a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

We interviewed a nanny yesterday. We had exchanged about 20 emails back and forth so I was pretty sure she was a good candidate and was open to this temporary position since I do have plans of returning to work.

It was really weird. I have interviewed probably 50 teachers at my school but interviewing a nanny to care for my 2 son's and I in our home was a really strange thing.

I suppose mother's helper would be a better job title. I am going to be there and since I can't drive or be left alone with Griffin at this point in my diagnosis, hiring someone seemed like the only choice. 

We met at the park so we could talk without interruption. (Coop has a tendency to pull every single toy out that he owns when someone new is around.) She is super sweet. Coop took to her very well; by the end of the interview, Coop was dragging her around to each play set. It was sweet. He even asked if she could come over and play!

So we talked for about 45 minutes and decided she was a good fit. That is one thing to check off our list of Grif preparations. Who knows, maybe we will fall in love with her and she could come work at our school.

In other news, we had a wonderful time at our buddy Cullen's first birthday party. Cullen has overcome so much in his short life and we were very happy to be able to celebrate with him. Coop played with some of his friend's at school and by the end was soaked in sweat and exhausted. 
The VCU game was on so we drove straight to my mom's house to watch the second half. On the way there, Coop discovered a piece of chocolate in his goody bag, which neither Rick or I realized and when I turned to see why he was so quiet, this is what I saw.
 A month ago, I would have pissed. I would've been upset at the mess of his clothes and car seat, etc. Don't get me wrong, I am all about making a mess but there is a way to control a messy environment and this wasn't it.

I suppose brain tumors have a way of changing one's perspective because all I could do was laugh. Both Rick and I just laughed in astonishment the rest of the way to T-ma's.

Needless to say, I was thankful for extra underwear. He went straight to the bath when we got to T-ma's and borrowed a t-shirt since we didn't have any extra clothes. He needed a bath from all the fun at Cullen's birthday anyway! Plus everything is worth it with a VCU win!
Pre/post chocolate mess!
I guess he wasn't a fan of the t-shirt!

No comments: