Saturday, March 23, 2013

Barely 4 sleeps away!

We had our final OB appointment last Thursday. Have I mentioned how much I love her?

I feel like she gets me and the choices I make and knows how to steer me in the right direction. She looked up at me during the appointment and said, "Man, Erin. We have really been through a lot!" We talked about Cooper and how we ELECTED to have a c-section instead of induction. She even told me how she was thinking about that week, the week where I cried for 7 days because another patient of hers this week is in the same boat I was then. She asked Dr. Knapp if it was okay to elect to just have a c-section, just as I did.

Above all, I trust her. And trust goes so much further than anything else in these situations.

So we are doing all the things we do at each appointment and when she has me lay back so she can measure and listen to Griffin's heart beat, not only do I measure 37 centimeters, but she also says that Griffin is between 7 and 8 POUNDS! Uh, a do what?! Remember, I am only 35 weeks and 1 day. At this rate, a 40 week Griffin would be close to 10 pounds. My, my God works in mysterious ways.

My response to her, "So I guess this is all happening the way it should." And she replied, "I would definitely say so."

Once again, we are quickly seeing the results of letting go and letting God.

She also said it doesn't look like a magnesium drip will be necessary nor will they begin my testing until at least Thursday. I will know more about that after my neurologist appointment on Monday, but at this point it is not on my reservation card for Griffin's birthday this Wednesday. (However, a 36 inch Brobee balloon, a Kuba Kuba Tres Leche cake and a big brother/birthday party will be!)

Wednesday! I can't believe its barely 4 sleeps away. I am so excited to meet Griffin, I have to remind myself that there are other issues to be dealt with as well. But I have found such  success with letting go, I let go of all the thoughts surrounding seizures and tumors, as well. I am beyond confident everything is going to be okay. So there is no sense in worrying! Plus,  being excited about Griffin and Cooper's party is much, much more fun.

No comments: