Wednesday, April 6, 2011

tissues in hand...

I just can't keep it together anymore.


I am a sappy mess.


There I said it. I admit it.


I walked into Cooper's classroom to get him after school and as soon as he saw me, he kicked his feet, started hitting his hands on his legs and squealing in delight. The closer I got to him, the more excited he got and when I picked him up, he hugged me, like really pulled me in close.


And what did I do? I cried! Happy tears of course, but still...


I never, ever understood moms before now. I thought I knew everything. I swore I would be different. I said I wouldn't be the one that cried at, well... EVERYTHING.


But now, now I get it. I get why moms cry on their sweet baby's first day of Kindergarten and why my mom cried as she watched me walk down the aisle. I get it. I am actually crying as I even try to fathom the amount of love and happiness I feel toward that sweet, sweet boy.


So thank you, God. Thank you for giving me this beautiful gift. Not just the gift of having my baby but of being able to experience this amount of emotion and to do it with the man that I love.


I have never felt so blessed.


So I guess now is a good time to go ahead and attach a box of tissues to my hand, for life.



No comments: