Saturday, April 30, 2011

positive people with a splash of 80s

Sadly, there are always those people who try to rain on your parade. Ya know those unhappy people I am talking about... Whether its snarky comments under their breath or extremely mean ones behind your back, they are there. I try to stay focused and remember that I am doing what I do best and shouldn't let those negative people or their thoughts effect me. Some days are definitely easier than others and when I am tempted to stoop to their level I read my favorite Mother Teresa quote.


People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.


If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.


If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.


What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.


If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.


The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.



Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.


You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.


Because it really isn't about my relationship with anyone else but God. But surrounding myself with positive people and their positive vibes (with a splash of 80's music) doesn't seem to hurt at all!

No comments: