Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vegetarian Baby!

So far, Cooper has liked everything I have put in front of him... rice cereal, green beans, sweet peas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, peaches, apples, pears...

Then we started the 2nd foods mixes like rice cereal with applesauce and bananas with mixed berries which also seem to be a big hit (eating has never been a problem area for Coop, even when he could barely breathe in the hospital after our ER scare).

And then it came time for meats. So on today's lunch menu we had chicken & green beans. When I opened the jar of chicken & chicken gravy and saw the curdled chunks on top, I was grossed out. When I leaned over and smelled it, I thought I was going to puke. So far, I have tried everything I have given Coop, but there was no way I was putting that stuff in my mouth. My thinking was that I've had all this wonderful food, so I'm spoiled. What does Coop know?
Apparently a lot because when I gave him a taste he spit it out. When I gave him a second taste, he gagged and proceeded to scream his head off.


So I waited an hour and tried again and he got mad. We are talking face bright red, screaming at the top of his lungs mad.

I think Coop is going to be vegetarian until he can chew!

No comments: