Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Conversation Topic?

Sitting down at the lunch table today, the topic of where babies come from comes up...

Boy #1: Jesus puts babies in the bellies (making a face like "Duh, why are we even talking about this...")

Boy #2: No, my brother told me a beetle bug comes and bites you. THAT is how a baby gets there.

Boy #3: Babies don't GET there, they come from there...

Before I can change the subject...

Boy #4 interrupts: (who happens to have multiple siblings): No, actually babies come from the mommy's legs.

This is where I decide now is a good time to excuse myself because if I burst into hysterics at the lunch table, they will keep saying whatever they think I'm laughing at over and over, thinking they have just made a joke.

Not the best topic with parent-teacher conferences coming up...

No comments: