Monday, February 28, 2011

happy 6 months to my sweet, sweet baby!

Ahhh reason number 243278789 there will be no more wining for this momma. Thinking about this post has got me a little choked up and I'm sober.


Cooper has knocked the 0 - 6 month milestone chart out of the park and has already started checking milestones off on the 7-12 month chart as well.


Next up: sippy cups and finger foods. I just can't believe it, feels like yesterday we were announcing we were pregnant!


I totally see why moms freak out and rush into a second baby (that will not be us I promise!) But already I feel like Cooper's childhood is blowing by. 


So with my other 324325 things I have to do, blogging is quickly climbing priority. I MUST remember all of it. I must remember the heart-wrenching details of how strong my family is when our sweet baby can barely breathe and the beauty of a blossoming friendship between boy and dog.


I have found myself taking a lot more pictures and videos of silly things around the house and not just the big moments. I am so scared I am going to forget all the sweet things that happen. 


Like how we went out to dinner the other night and Cooper was in my lap playing with toys at the table. He was getting tired and he'd been away from me most of the day. All of a sudden he turns around and hugs me, like really hugs me, lays his head on my shoulder and just snuggles. I know those days of him wanting to snuggle are numbered. 


And since Cooper is now sitting up on his own, I pulled a couple bags of toys that his cousin Delaney passed down to go through. I found this awesome tiger xylophone which I figured he wasn't quite ready for but would be soon. As I am dusting off the rest of the toys I hear him, he has found one of the sticks and is drumming away. I just couldn't believe he figured it out.


So here we are, Cooper James. Six months. Half a year. You are the BEST choice I have EVER made!



No comments: