Sunday, June 6, 2010

officially house hunting!

So, here is the house loan story I promised...

As you know, we were waiting FOR-EV-ER to hear back about the house loan. We started getting extremely concerned with our time crunch (our lease is up July 31 and baby is due August 24) so knowing whether we should be looking for a house to buy or a house to rent was pretty important. We waited so long I got to the point where I didn't really care either way, I just wanted an answer so I would have some kind of stability. Put unknown housing on top of how crazy I already feel being pregnant, in my 3rd trimester with no nursery to speak of, I bet you can imagine how stressed I have been feeling.

Lucky for me, my parents bought me a spa day at Perception Salon in Carytown for my birthday. I made my appointments for this previous Friday. It entailed a prenatal massage, bioelements facial, pedicure, manicure, shampoo & style and they even fed me lunch! Five and a half hours of pampering that could not have come on a better day. My body has definitely gotten more sore over the last couple of weeks with the added Cooper weight and with all the stress, I just needed it!

Let me back up a day... Thursday night, I called an agent that had been contacting me to see if maybe we should start looking at houses even though we hadn't yet been approved officially, considering our time crunch. She suggested we come to her office Friday evening after my spa day to begin talking about it and in the meantime, she would have her mortgage contacts see if they could get us approved any quicker. We called the guy that evening that we had been dealing with over the last 6 weeks (yes, 6 weeks we have been waiting) and let him know if he couldn't get an answer the following day, we would look for someone else who could.

So Friday I am driving to the salon and joking with Rick about how funny it would be if we got the call that we had gotten the loan... hahahahahaha. Both of us decided not to hold our breaths.

So, I am at the salon, and the masseuse leaves me alone in the massage room to get comfortable on the bed and I have a moment to myself. I decide to let go of all that is house/apartment. I decide to enjoy my stress-free day and relax. I decide I will leave all that is house/apartment to God and promise not to question it anymore. As I am thinking all this, I sort of feel myself relax a little more. And it worked. I forgot about it and truely enjoyed my morning.

It wasn't until I took a break for lunch that I looked at my phone to find a text from Rick "Want to buy a house?" which in turn makes all the relaxation go away and turn into utter excitement. I literally started shaking. I wrote back (would've called but didn't want to disturb the lady getting a manicure) and asked if he was serious? He said that we had gotten the loan. The guy we had been dealing with apparently needed an ultimatium and delivered!!! (ARE YOU SERIOUS?!)

I probably would've run out the salon if I didnt still have a manicure and pedicure to look forward to. WE CAN BUY A HOUSE. I got my answer that I had prayed on not even 2 hours prior. As soon as I let go of control, it was handled. Funny, how that always seems to happen.

So you can imagine the excitement when we went to meet our real estate agent that evening with the good news. We have 8 weeks to find, purchase and move in to a home. The race is on!

Today we went out house hunting for the first time and saw 4 houses. The first one we fell in love with. Scratch that, I fell in love. Rick fell in like. Ugh, men!

The rest were mediocre, not enough to want to see again or even remember. But the first house, I immediately saw me changing Coop's diapers in the nursery and playing tag with him and Fletch through the halls and opening Christmas presents next to the fireplace.

We have picked out a few more and our agents are going to find a few more, now that they are getting to know us a little better but I am extremely optimistic. God has gotten us this far, with a little faith I am sure he will keep us headed in the right direction.

No comments: