Saturday, September 27, 2008

we are rockstars!

I have good news and I have great news.

The good news is that we move in one week from today! Yippee! I am so excited I can't stand it. I can't wait to organize and put all of our new dishes away and set up our 2nd bedroom and just get settled in a place of our own finally!

The great news is that I got a promotion!

For the past 3 months, I have been a Support Teacher in the PreK-1 (younger 4yos) room. There were 2 support teachers and one lead. I am qualified to lead my own class and was sort of promised that would happen sooner than later when I was hired. I was starting to get a little frustrated but kept my head up because even in this particular school the support position is a pretty great one.

And then last Monday, the girl who leads the preschool 2 class (the oldest 3yos) put her 2 weeks in...and they offered me the job!

I accepted and am very excited about the added responsibility this is going to entail.

Even better, having watched the new school year transition, I know exactly where my new classroom needs to be in terms of their skills before the enter the class that I was in... is this getting confusing?

Long story short, the class I am taking over has not been run in the manner that it should been...kids are leaving the room and can't even write their names!

This might be a rough couple of months getting things back on track, but I have a great support teacher to help me and I am definitely ready for a challenge!

The other great news is that Rick got a promotion too! I don't know the ins and outs of it but I know that he too is very excited about the new job responsibilities!

Well we are off to begin the football weekend!

Hope this finds you all happy and healthy!

Love,
your promoted richmonders.

No comments: