Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thanks

I am participating in the 30 days of thanks this year. My goal is to try to be on a deeper level than listing off 30 things/people I am thankful for but truly finding the best thing about the day. My hope is that it will help me to do this everyday even if the date doesn't start with November. 

Don't get my wrong, I would call myself a grateful person. I use my manners, tell people when they do or say things that mean something to me and even help Cooper list all the people we love each night before bed. but lately with all the things that have happened recently, and my raging pregnancy hormones, maintaining a positive upbeat attitude hasn't come as easily as I would like. Participating in the 30 days of thanks can only help with that. 

So here goes...

November 1st: Today, I am thankful for my season tickets to VCU Basketball. I am so grateful to be able to raise cooper around something I LOVED growing up around. Some of my earliest memories are of ordering roy rodgers and shirley temples at the presidents club with our homemade vcu sweatshirts... and getting candy at 6th street to take into the game. Thank you mom and dad! 

November 2nd: My son's jibberish... It reminds me to be patient, take my time and listen to every sound. What he is saying is as important as he thinks it is because he is really just 2 and its not fair to expect him to be anything but 2.

November 3rd: Today, I am most thankful for ability to spend the entire day with my son. I am so lucky to have a husband to pick up the chores so that I am able to give Coop my undivided attention for potty. I feel like I know Coop better than I did yesterday and no matter whether our potty party is successful or not (although it happens to be going wonderfully), that makes the day totally worth it.

November 4th: Today, I am most thankful for the love my husband has for our son. Listening to rick cheer for coop in the potty after naptime makes me smile. I'm laying in bed now listening to him and cooper play in the backyard and you don't have to know rick to know he's having as much fun as coop. I know he cares so deeply about coop and he will do whatever it takes to be a good dad. I am so excited to see him with our #2.

No comments: