Friday, July 15, 2011

getting to the good part.

We have passed 10 month's in Cooper's sweet, sweet life and nearing a year faster than I would like.

I can't believe how quickly things are going (will I ever?) Coop is getting cuter, funnier, LOUDER, busier and definitely smarter by the day.

And with all of these mostly adorable qualities comes some of the realizations that I had no idea what I was in for.

Like how I am currently typing while Coop is either banging on the keyboard (I have had to retype this at lease 5 times) or laughing as he figures out he can close the screen. Or how he has definitely learned the word NO but when I say it will look at me with this blank stare and bat his eyelashes, the look that I am sure he will use for the rest of his life and will work for at least half.

Or how he has figured out how to snuggle, like really snuggle, with me or Daddy or even Fletch and he looks so proud when he does. Or how he has figured out how to wave and does it pretty regularly and it just makes my heart melt. (How can a simple wave be so cute?)

But my favorite new thing has got to be the dancing. Oh my sweet little dancer. Usually its Jack Johnson that gets him going but most everything with a good beat will get his hips bouncing. Sometimes he will even dance and drum his hands at the same time.

Babies are nice and all and I am a little sad about Coop growing up (Did I mention I had a melt down when I ordered his first birthday invitations?) but we are starting to get to the good part. The really good stuff where we can explore and play and make messes and have a blast! I am so happy to be his momma.


No comments: