Friday, June 3, 2011

Best Brothers!

I think maybe my two "sons" have graduated from best friends to best brothers. I am not sure if it is the amount of time the two have spend together or if it that Cooper can interact with Fletch more (probably a little bit of both) but I am unsure of who is having more of an impact on the other.


I used to call Fletch my K-9 son, but now I think it is appropriate to actually refer to Cooper as our human pet. Coop spends most of his time at home crawling behind Fletch on all fours. I swear he even shakes his behind as if he has a tail. And more recently his incessant tongue thing has graduated to a full fledged tongue hanging. We are talking all the way down to his chin. Our bold human pet has even gathered enough confidence (and motor skills) to play tug-o-war with Fletch and his chicken aka Fletch's Sophie giraffe (This is actually Chicken II much like Sophie II.) 
As if it could get any more obvious the love the two of them share... Cooper will now choose the chicken OVER Sophie and I am embarrassed to admit, we have even caught Cooper trying to eat Fletch's dog food. He may or may not have slipped one in his mouth, but that is a whole 'nother post.


I guess if I have to go through a dog-food-in-baby's-mouth-scare once in a while to have a dog and child that get along so well, than it is worth it because they truly are the best of friends brothers and I am sure there will be more stories were these came from!

No comments: