Sunday, March 27, 2011

did someone say houston??

I am not in a witty writing mood, so I first must apologize if this post is bland and boring. But I really felt like it was important that I share about our last 2 weeks, especially since we are coming off a blogging frenzy with an average of 2 a week! (That is probably a record.)


Two weeks in the life of a 6-month going on 7-month old is insane.


We went from sitting up to scooting to pulling up and I am sure full fledged crawling is going to happen any day now, that is if walking doesn't happen first.


We went from sort of eating solids, to chowing down and not interested in formula to eating some solids like puffs but especially pickles! In fact, the joke these days is the ONLY thing that grandad can do wrong is take the pickle away!
Coop went on his first park playdate with mommy Molly and baby Livi and he took his first ride in the swing!
We ditched the baby tub which Coop seems especially happy about because he can do things like this...
And just when I think it can't get any better, my sweet baby, who isn't much of a baby anymore, starts talking. He said "dada"! Don't tell Rick that babies usually say dada first because he is on cloud 9! I have never seen him (or Coop) so proud. 


And reason number 43782057831 I cannot believe how fast time is moving. It is unreal how fast my sweet baby turned into a little boy, a rough and tough little boy, who squirms and wiggles and puts his hands on EVERYTHING!


And the cherry on top of our sundae(y), our VCU Rams made it to the final four! It is possible, Cooper might be taking yet another plane ride to Texas to check yet another state off his list!

2 comments:

Mary Moss said...

Erin, I know we don't know you all well, but I so enjoy your blog posts! I can't help but smile every time I visit -- memories of my own children pour back and I am reminded how blessed I am.

Also . . . so excited about VCU. Go Rams! (This from a Hokie:-)

Unknown said...

So funny - the pickles. It reminded me of once when Careyann was about 8 months old Mom and I went to the NY Deli for lunch. She decide to give Careyann the pickle from her platter. I said something like Mom don't give her the pickle, it's sour and no baby would like it. She told me to let Careyann decide. Yep she didn't cringe one time and gobbled it up pronto! She loved pickles sooo much that ate age 4 Santa brought her a 2 gallon jar of pickles and you would have thought Santa brought her Toys R Us she was so happy!
Cooper is so beautiful and I am so proud and blessed that my (our)Granddarlin has such a concientous, sharing, and devoted Mommie in you. You and Rickie both!
Thanks for always managing to find time to share your lives with us Sweetie!
Mom R.