Sunday, October 17, 2010

a stomach bug hits hard.

This has been quite the week.

Monday evening I started feeling really funny in my belly. I didn't think anything of it considering I had a C-section 6 weeks prior and just went back to work. I figured, becoming active again was working out the kinks in my belly from the surgery...

Long story, short I ended up in and out of the bathroom throughout the night and all the next 2 days!!! Some stomach bug. I went to the doctor on Tuesday morning and was so dehydrated, I had to get a bag of iv fluids. Thursday, I felt well enough to go back to school but by the end of the day my belly was all weird again. Friday, I felt even better in the morning but by the afternoon pretty run down.

We had tickets to VCU's Black and Gold Ball and reservations at the Hard Shell for dinner Friday night. I was so bummed I was feeling so crappy because I had been looking forward to this for a few weeks now, even though it meant leaving Cooper for the first time. Rick rented a tux and I bought a new dress. Mom and I were even getting our hair done!

Somehow, my body must have known because as soon as we sat down at the Hardshell, I started feeling a little better. 

We ended up having a blast. Spending almost the entire night learning/playing craps. Can't wait to go to Vegas to try out my new dice rolling skills!

It was the perfect night out!

No comments: