Sunday, October 24, 2010

the postcard project.

Cooper's first postcard is in the mail!


We travel a lot. I grew up taking trips with my family, many of which I don't remember or can remember bits and pieces when my parents tell me stories...


In an effort to help Cooper remember (and us too) we have decided to start what we are calling, the postcard project.


Every trip that we take with Cooper, we will mail him a postcard describing the highlights of that trip.


Postcard #1: A souvenir postcard from Toomer's Drugs. This drugstore is considered an Auburn landmark and is famous for its fresh squeezed lemonade. I loved the lemonade (Rick did not).


We aren't exactly sure what we will do with these postcards. For now we will collect them in a photo box but eventually they will end up in a photo album or a creative artsy-craftsy project that I will invent. We shall see... we already have more trips planned (which means more postcards!) to Key West and Chicago.


Cooper was born to travel! He did so well on our flight back. This time he had just eaten an hour ago so he didn't get fed nor did he suck on his pacifier. He laughed and giggled while Grandad talked to him. He did awesome on take off, landing and everything in between. If he could eat ice cream, I would've gotten him the biggest scoop!

No comments: