Tuesday, December 8, 2009

weekend at the great wolf lodge! x2

I am taking the night off of card making (which is probably not wise since I have plans every evening the rest of the week...) so I guess I have no excuse but to post the pictures from the lodge.

I had teacher training all day on Saturday, so we left for Williamsburg after I finished. It worked out better than we could have hoped because it was sleeting pretty heavily in Richmond so it worked out to be the PERFECT weekend to be in an 84 degree water park.

The Bostons and Richmond Sheltons were already in Williamsburg, they had gone to the VCU vs. W&M game and met us at the lodge. My dad and I spent that evening trying water slides and helping Kaira get Laney used to the water.

We ate pizza, watched football and laughed together the rest of the night.

The next day we spent all day in the water park only taking breaks for Redskins football, which ended up being a waste of our time and for Pierce's BBQ!!

I am not sure what the best part of the weekend was... riding the tornado in the pitch black watching my dad's face... watching Kaira giggle so hard she could barely stand up because of Bill being a scardey cat... watching Rick "surf" on the wave because he was having so much fun... or watching Delaney giggle with her big girl haircut...




I am so happy to be able to have so much fun with my family. It is truely unreal how much fun we have together. I just wish my brother was here for it.

Next up on the Richmond Rice family calendar...

We are going to see a play on Thursday night with my parents. This weekend I am going to the annual cookie bake day at my aunt's house in Asland. I am very excited because I have never been! Kaira and Delaney will be here too! We will also be heading to the VCU vs. UofR on Saturday.

Our tentative holiday schedule is filling up quickly!

December 19 - Heidi's Birthday/Tacky Light Tour/Tacky Sweater Party - Elizzabeth will be in town for that!!
December 23 - Rick's Family's Christmas Party/White Elephant Gift Exchange
December 24 - Nanny's, Momma Rossi & Cheri's Birthday/Christmas Eve Church&Dinner
December 25 - Wake up at my folks for Christmas morning with the Bostons!
December 27 - Shelton Family Christmas in Maryland
December 28 - FLY TO ORLANDO!! So very excited about going where its warm! LSU plays Penn State on January 1st!

There is still a lot of family that hasn't even been penciled in so I am sure our holidays will be even busier!

Hope this finds you all healthy, happy and feeling as blessed as we do.

Love,
your busy-bee-richmond rices.

No comments: