Monday, November 23, 2009

a place to call our own...

...like house would be great. I have the house-itch like I have never had it before. I am so ready to settle in somewhere, to paint, decorate and invest in furniture to carry us through a family. I want to do home improvement projects on the weekends that I learn about on HGTV and plant a garden in the backyard where Fletch has plenty of space to run, a craft room with space to scrapbook and house the cricut when I have it (my mil and I share one!!) and a place to set up a sewing machine (when I actually buy one). A room or 2 for some family growth since the next big step will be babies...but until then, our apartment will have to do. We have talked about maybe renting a house... but I am just soooo tired of moving. I want my next move to be into a house I will start my family in!

Anyway, so since we don't have a place to call our own as in a house... we have found a church! Rick and I went to pick out a pumpkin a few weeks ago at a place he had seen while driving around... there was a pumpkin patch at a place called Good Shepard United Methodist Church. When we got out of the car, Rick realized he knew a guy that went there. So we decided we should try it. After about 12 or 13 churches this is the first place we left after a service agreeing to go back. Rick had noticed they needed a guitar player in their worship band so he met up for a practice last week and is now playing with them on Sunday mornings. We met the Pastor last night for coffee and realized that we have a lot more in common (with him and the church) than we ever imagined. We are so very happy to have found some place (even if not a house) to call our own! Who knows if this is going to be the place for us forever, but right now all the signs say it is for us, at least for now!

So see why I have the house itch? I think everyone who knows me has always known my obsession with doing things in the proper order. I know that it isn't up to me, to make sure things happen the way I think they should, but so far they have sooo I feel like the house is supposed to be next, I am so ready!!

I guess in the meantime, I will keep myself busy with my usual things and now getting involved in a church community can be a house-itch distraction as well.

And when all is said and done, the important thing is that I have a warm place to sleep each night.

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and getting into the holiday spirit!

Love,
your blessed-to-be-sheltered richmond rices.

1 comment:

tami apland said...

I loved this blog! Congratulations on finding your church, and like all good things, a house to call your own will come in time :)