Thursday, October 18, 2007

its been awhile. sorry.

It has been about a week, but honestly you aren't missing much. We have slowed down a lot on our touristness. In fact, I'm kind of itching for a dose of Richmond, a hug from my mother & father, and a glass of wine with the girls. But hey, only 6 days til I can do all 3.

On the exciting side, we went to a show at Doug Fir again.
About two weeks ago, we met a guy, Jim, at the Black Francis show and we ended up really hitting it off. Jim told us about this gig he was doing in a few weeks for a magazine, interviewing Bob Mould. Bob Mould, the front man for Husker Du and Sugar, played a small show, did an on-stage interview with Jim, and a viewing of his DVD. It was very intimate and very cool. So cool we not only got Bob's autograph, but because we knew Jim, we also got to hang out and chat it up, about life and music.

Here is Rick with Bob.



We also have been riding our bikes a lot! Which is a good workout and an easy way to get to spots in the city that are far from the streetcar & max. Unfortunately for me, it has been over 5 years since I have ridden a bike. Needless to say, Rick has been very patient with my uneasiness on my bike, that does not mean though, that my bike has been patient with me.

Two days ago, my bike thought it would be funny to get into a fight with the wet streetcar tracks on the way home from the grocery store. The bike won, totally outfighting the tracks but more importantly my leg...


Please be aware scrolling down... Viewer discretion is advised...



Yeah, the bruise is as big as my hand. Aside from a brief break on the side of the road, I finished the ride with a little discomfort, it was cleaning it that wasn't any fun at all. I have not been on my bike since.

That is all for us now. Keep my leg in your prayers as so I won't destroy my sister's wedding having to stand in front of a group of people with the nastiness showing. Hopefully it will heal by then. :)

Love you all,
your homesick portlanders

Ps. We get a piece of Richmond with us tonight. Nate flies in tonight and is staying with us until Tuesday!!


No comments: