Tuesday, December 16, 2008

crawled back from under a rock...

Wow so... Sorry it has been so long.

I don't have a great excuse. Maybe its because the weather makes me want to get under the covers and watch a movie... maybe its because we don't have internet... I think I am going to go with the ladder. I actually have been dying to update this thing but without internet its quite difficult and takes WAAAY more motivation...

So let's see. I think I owe you pictures from Thanksgiving...

Delaney getting her belly ready for her first big turkey day.

Apparently the turkey was not her favorite part!

Mr. & Mrs. Rice's first Christmas photograph!

Silly girl was actually still awake after our huge feast!

Delaney played with these beads most of the tailgate!


And she was lovin the hat so much, her dad bought her her very own baseball cap!

Probably the cutest picture of the weekend!


Brother and his lady friend, Justina.

They say, "Grrrr-GEAUX TIGERS!"

Rick and I.

My pops and I.

Delaney chewin' on a bone!


She was lovin' my glasses.

The Shelton-Boston-Rice clan.

Brother and I.

Started raining during the game so we made Delaney a shield of sorts.


Outside the Clinton Library... what a grandfatherly shot.

Inside the Clinton Library... Delaney couldn't get enough of the Christmas decorations.


And now for something completely different...

Two Fridays ago, we went to the Grand Illumination in downtown Richmond. That is when they turn the Christmas lights on for the first time.

If I had to pick my favorite holiday it would probably be Halloween followed close second by Thanksgiving. Now that isn't to say that I am a bah-humbug BUT I don't start playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving either. But this year, being stressed out with the economy and trying to juggle so many things... friends, families, parties, obligations... I wasn't exactly awaiting Christmas with every bating breath...

BUT, when they lit the huge tree at the James Center (the picture does it no justice) I was instantly excited it was Christmas and for the first time the Christmas spirit was in me.




So much in fact that Rick and I went out a bought our very first Christmas tree the next day!

So I think that sort of brings everybody up to date on the past couple weeks (yes, in fact our life has become that boring...)

We have a busy end of the year ahead of us...We will update as soon as we can.

We love you all and for fear we may miss you before Christmas...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
your internet-less but still alive richmonders.

Ps. I cooked Rick dinner tonight! Yes, you read correctly, I, Erin Shelton Rice, cooked my husband, James Richard Rice Jr., dinner. Don't hold your breath on that happening again anytime soon, he isn't! :)

No comments: