Tuesday, May 13, 2008

much needed closure.

So, we will be pulling out of Portland officially Saturday, May 17. Almost exactly 8 months from the day we first set foot in Portland.

So what if we didn't make it a full year, we accomplished all that God wanted us to, so I guess it doesn't matter how long it took us!

I, personally, am very bittersweet about the move. As you all can guess, I have become VERY attached to my class. Not only have they learned sooo much since I first started, but they have really grown to love me as I have them. Tomorrow is my last day and is going to be a very emotional day.

I have gotten the closure that I have needed. The boy I have previously written about Max, who was claimed to have been ADHD (whereas I thought he was autistic) was officially diagnosed last week. This is really what I needed because I have gone above and beyond my specified role for this child and it ended up really paying off.

Long story short, his doctors have a treatment plan that could offset the slowed brain development and in theory could jumpstart his brain development, eventually leading to no signs of autism.

I realized that Oregon was more for me than building a strong foundation for marriage with Rick. There was a child here who needed my help, insight, and intuition. And he got it. I made a difference, even if it was only one child (well, at least one that I know about!)

Thank you Oregon, it has been fun.
Heelloooo Richmond!

Love,
your on-the-right-path (literally&figuratively) richmonders.

Ps. Our phones don't usually work very well in Richmond. So we will be getting new 804 numbers when we get back. I promise to post and email our numbers when we get them.

No comments: