Sunday, March 9, 2008

a bit of spirituality.

My kids are continuing to impress me in showing the knowledge they have learned. Although the change has been pretty gradual, this week I noticed some break-throughs.

One kid I have been trying to teach how to put his own coat with this trick I learned when I was little and he has finally mastered it and he is so proud of himself.


I have another boy who is extremely hyperactive and has a hard time understanding how his actions affect others. Thursday, he bumped into a girl and really scared her. I let him first decide what to do next before interrupting and telling him what to do. Once he realized how upset his friend was, he went over helped her off the floor and gave her a hug. It was so innocent, but the two of them figured out how to fix the situation all on their own, in the same manner any teacher would have and they are only 4 years old.

It was beautiful.


I got this in an email from my Aunt Beth today and thought I would share it...


Saint Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.

Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.


We hope this finds you all well and happy.

Love,
your enlightened oregonians.


No comments: