Friday, March 11, 2011

My Little Fish!

Cooper received his third postcard this week, the third installment in the postcard project.


It arrived on Tuesday from Richmond, Virginia. Yeah, you read that correctly!


Every year since I can remember, we take a "vacation" downtown for the Men's CAA Basketball Tournament. And although the travel time is short and most of the destinations are familiar (and your best friend and child's god mother can sneak downtown and join your alleged vacation...) staying in a hotel makes it feel like you are out of town.


And nothing says vacation like swimming in the winter!


Let me backtrack a little... 



Cooper has always been a swimmer. Even in my belly, he did somersaults, one so acrobatic he tied his umbilical cord in knot! Baths have always been a breeze. In fact, those beginning nights when I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't stop screaming, I would put him in the bath and everything was better. Cooper went in a swimming pool for the first time when he was about 6 weeks old and has been swimming almost every month of his life.

Rick and I both loooove the water, I mean we got married on the beach! So we sort of figured that because we planned on exposing to our child to the water he would love it too but I am pretty sure he was just born this way. 

A friend at school taught Cooper how to spit bubbles. When he did it the first time, it was cute. But this new trick lost its luster pretty quickly. BUT when he started spitting bubbles in the pool this past weekend, we got a little excited. After careful baby steps and lots of practice, Cooper put his face in the water and eventually his entire head. In fact, the second day in the pool he started spitting bubbles and putting his face in without any prompting!

He is my little fish!

No comments: